Hi, I’m yan, AKA bcrypt. I like information freedom, infosec, stunt h4cks, cryptography, an internet that respects humans, theoretical physics, and art. I dislike non-consensual power structures.
I’m a Senior Software Engineer at Brave and a Technology Fellow at the Electronic Frontier Foundation. Before that, I dropped out of high school, got my B.S. from MIT in Physics, and started a PhD at Stanford before dropping out of that too.
I am reachable via SMTP at [first name] at [undergrad college] dot edu. My PGP key is in the strong set and available on public keyservers (BDE7 D508 3BB3 5EDC 7A66 BD97 388C E229 FAC7 8CF7). As a weak measure in support of the deprecation of PGP, I am strictly slower in replying to encrypted email than regular email.
Most of my work is open source on Github.
- HTTPS Everywhere (ex-maintainer)
- Brave (developer)
- Brave Sync (maintainer)
- Niceware (maintainer)
- SecureDrop (developer)
- Let’s Encrypt (developer)
- Yahoo End to End (ex-maintainer)
- Privacy Badger Firefox (ex-maintainer)
- Tor Browser Bundle (infrequent contributor)
- Hackpad (ex-developer)
Specs and drafts:
- W3C Powerful Features (co-author)
- RFC7469 (acknowledged contributor)
- End-to-End Encryption and the Web (author)